Latex is a milky fluid that comes from rubber trees and has many applications in day to day life. An allergy to this product is usually due to a reaction to certain proteins in the rubber latex which your body mistakes it for a harmful substance.
These Reactions usually occur when someone gets in contact with latex (rubber gloves) or inhales the airborne latex particles (removing latex gloves). These symptoms are anywhere from mild disease to severe anaphylaxis.
Itching, Skin redness, and Hives or Rashes.
Mod - Severe Symptoms
Runny nose, Sneezing, Wheezing, Cough, Scratchy throat, Watery eyes
Wheezing, Difficulty breathing, Confusion, Low blood pressure, and Rapid or weak pulse
Your AAATS board-certified allergist can identify the type of reaction you have and help you with your symptoms.
Common Latex Products:
If you have any further questions about latex allergies, feel free to contact us.